37 players online!
Traditional yatzy game. The object of the game is to get as many points as possible from each roll of the dice.
How to start the game?
- Either click on the Play Now button above or look below and select the room that you wish to play in. The game will open in a new window.
- In the new window, scroll down through the list and select a table that is available. Click Join. Or create a new table by clicking on the Create Table button located in the control panel box.
- When the new table is created and you have a partner ready to play, click on Start and wait for your partner's confirmation.
How to play Yatzy 2004?
- Click "Roll" to roll the dice.
- If you wish to roll again, click "Roll" again.
- If you wish to keep some dice before rolling again, click on the dice that you want to keep. The dice you select will be moved to the bottom panel. Then click "Roll" to roll the remaining dice once again.
- To register your score for that roll, in the left panel, click on the box for the category that you would like your score to be registered in.
60-second QUICK START Rules
Learn to play Dice in 60 seconds
In this game, players take turns rolling five dice. The objective is to score as many points as possible in each of the roll categories. For example, one roll category is “3 of a kind.” To score points in this category, the player must roll three dice that are the same. Three 1’s would give three points (3x1). Three 2’s would give six points (3x2), and so on. Another category is “Fours.” To score points in this category, the player must roll at least one 4. One 4 earns four points in this category (4x1). Two 4’s earn eight points in this category (4x2), and so on.
Each player can roll the dice up to three times during his turn. After the first roll, the player can select any dice that he wants to keep and roll the remaining dice. For example, imagine that a player needs a score in the “3 of a kind” category. The player rolls and gets two 5’s, a 3, a 1, and a 6. The player selects the two 5’s. Those dice are removed from the board and put at the bottom of the screen. The player rolls the remaining three dice. The player gets a 5, a 4, and a 1. The player now has three 5’s and hence can input a score in the “3 of a kind” category.
After thirteen turns each, the player that has scored the most points wins.